Start your Monday morning right with a casual 5K trail run or walk. The route will be entirely shaded, 100% on trails, and moderately hilly. Be advised that there will be some exposed roots and rocks along the route. Meet in the lobby of the Emory Conference Center Hotel at 6 AM. Wear cool clothing (Atlanta in July is hot even at 6 AM) and running shoes.
Due to the abundant rain and plant growth this summer, we’ve changed our route to avoid the worst of the mud, slippery roots, and poison ivy. We’ll still have plenty of shade and a beautiful park to enjoy!
Link to the route on Strava:
– Exit the conference center main lobby and turn right to run up the hill
– Right turn at Clifton Road
– Run downhill for 0.35 miles, then turn right into Lullwater Park through the black wrought iron gates
– Run downhill for 0.25 miles, then bear left at the split to run uphill
– Run uphill for 0.25 miles, then bear left to stay on the main Lullwater loop (the right-hand option is the driveway for the Emory President’s house)
– Follow the loop downhill for ~ 0.25 miles, then take a right at the fork to enter the woods on a path
– Follow the path for 0.3 miles, then go right at the fork to run up the hill (optional)
– Follow this path uphill for 0.3 miles until you reach a paved road
– Turn around at the road and run back down the hill; turn left at the fork this time to continue on the loop around the lake
– Run 0.35 miles along the lake path then turn left to run up the paved path for 0.15 miles to the main paved road
– Turn left at the road for 0.25 miles up to Clifton Road
– Turn left on Clifton road for 0.35 miles uphill to the Emory Conference Center
– Turn right at the Conference Center sign and run downhill to the hotel
Please contact Pearl Ryder (pearl.v.ryder[at]emory.edu) or Kandis Lee (kandis.lee.adams[at]emory.edu) with any questions.